We recently posted about how to hit 1 million visitors on your blog and I hope that it gave you some really great tips to grow your blog. Today I wanted to share some topics to get you started. These topics to make a post go viral will assist you if you want to achieve this goal.
Here are some topics to make a post go viral and to help inspire you each month: You can download a GO VIRAL CALENDAR for free here.
- JANUARY- organizing. My organizing posts are bringing in a lot of my 7,000 page views to my blog, every day this month. It is a new year’s resolution for many- getting organized!
Also- football food is big this month, with the super bowl being so close. Party planning, food ideas, etc… are all going to be highly viewed this month.
- FEBRUARY: Valentines Day (kids party ideas, dating ideas, dinner recipes for dinner for two). Also weight loss- we are in full swing now that the holidays are over.
- MARCH: St. patricks day ideas. ( My kid craft ideas are a hit for holidays). Spring decor is starting back, so add a few DIY spring things!
- APRIL: EASTER and Gardening. My “How to feed a family with a garden” post was very popular in the springtime last year.
- MAY: SUMMER ideas. Vacation tips or ideas of where to go. Activities to do with your kids over the summer. You want to stay ahead of the game, so you are about a month ahead and this is perfect.
- JUNE: Weddings and Picnics. Both of these topics are big. (With both of them, food ideas are huge. Remember 4th of July is just a month away so start planning for that picnic/party!)
- JULY: School ideas are big now. Organizing for school, shopping for school, etc… Parents are ready to start getting back into the swing of things. They are thinking of back to school shopping.
- AUGUST: Back to school. Daily calendars. Bedtime and morning routine posts, as parents get back into the schedule of a school year.
- SEPTEMBER: foods. I find that comfort foods are huge this month. We are thinking of getting back into our routines and family meals, etc… Post some great family recipes that are easy & comforting. (make the pictures very pin-worthy!) Halloween ideas – share them now, a month early
- OCTOBER: Halloween ideas (party foods are big this month- try to think outside of the box for Halloween party foods). Thanksgiving recipes. Fighting illnesses (colds are coming back & flu season is beginning)
- NOVEMBER: Christmas ideas! My Christmas posts were huge in November. I tried to do one a week, at least.
- DECEMBER: More Christmas (recipes, cookies, gifts, decor…) & start talking about New Years Resolutions.
These topics are just ideas to get the ball rolling. See how they do on your blog. If they do well, spin off of them with a “Part Two” or a series. You can really help to increase your page views and your visitors every month.
What post did you have that went viral (share a link!)? Did you find that your traffic stayed? Did you feel like it went viral when you thought that it wood?
Remember you can download your VIRAL calendar right here, for free.