Total income for November 2015: $39,849
Sponsored posts: $19,082.13
Amazon Affiliates: $4,160 .06
Ad income: $10,070.39
Ejunkie book sales: $1623.57
Createspace book sales: $942.78
Amazon Book sales: $638.20
Total income for November 2015: $39,849
My page views in November:
Page views: 2,479,451
Number of posts published this month: 39
Average time on page: under a minute.
MONTHLY EARNING RECAP:
First month- blogging- I made about $5 and a free pizza!
A few years later… I was earning more! Here goes… (what I’ve recorded)
August 2014– $9,000
September 2014- $11,400
October- $13,300 (Here is where I started to really implement what we talk about in our book)
December 2014 – $26,500
January 2015- $24,142.68
May 2015 – $29,998
June 2015- $30,012
July 2015- $36,359.08 – I break down each sponsored post for you in this post.
August/Sept/Oct (we didn’t do one for these months, but we figured out October to be around $29,000)
What I changed this month:
This month I changed a few things. I feel like I am working a lot, but not MORE. I have actually cut back on my work time because the kids were home from school. This meant that I had to cut back on Facebook (socializing), etc… to make time for my ‘work’.
1. I increased the amount that I charge for a sponsored post. (I still charge a little less if the client is very easy to work with for a post.) I was undercharging for my page views.
2. I started using BoardBooster for my pinterest account and it has made a WORLD of difference. I have multiple campaigns running and I have all of my boards looping, so I can literally pin it one time and it is being repined all of the time, without my help! Yay! This cut my pinning time down by SO much! I literally pin for maybe 5 minutes a day now.
3. I made a list of books that I wanted to create and started working on them.
A- Paula and I published a new book about how to start a blog and it has been successful.
B- Mickey, Paula and I started working on a tax book for our BeckyandPaula.com page.
C- I was also asked to write a book for a publishing company and I have been busy working on that one.
D- We wrote a Christmas book
E- I started writing a book with Janae (Icanteachmychild.com) that we will finish in the spring. (we were both teachers)
4. If a company wrote to ask me to do a review of the product, I would instead offer a tweet for them instead (I would not have done this when I started, by now that I have a better Twitter following, I can do this). I ended up having almost all of our kid’s Christmas gifts sent to us for free because of this. I even bartered for tablets for my niece and nephew this way.
5. Sharing more of my own stuff on Facebook, in the evening hours. I share most other’s people’s things all day long, but the nighttime hours are for yourmodernfamily.com
6. Asked my VA to run my share groups for me. This was a time suck and I was forgetting about it. Once she took over, it was such a load off of my mind. Rule of thumb: I hire someone if I think that I can spend that hour doing something that would make me money.
7. Start adding more affiliate products & links to my top 10 posts on Google Analytics.
8. Made a spreadsheet (well- Paula made it for me b/c I am awful at making them!). I then filled in my top 100 posts from G/A so I would know which ones to share on Facebook more regularly. I went back & tracked the reach (after 3 days) on that same spreadsheet.
9. I worked on my e-mail list. I started being more consistent with once a week blog e-mails. I made them less about “what my blog is about this week” and more about “here is one post that I thought you would like”. I am playing around with titles. It’s funny because when Mickey sends one out to his 500 subscribers, he gets a 50% open rate. When I send them out to my 25,000 subscribers, I get a 22% open rate. I am determined to figure it out & increase my rate. (note: the average opening rate is 21%, so I am doing OK, but I want to do better… my mentality for my blog is always this. I am doing my blog for my family and the better I do, the better for them. My goal is to have my blog be 100% passive income in a few years, leave my time 100% open to my family, so I will work hard NOW, with many late nights and many early mornings, to make that happen THEN.)
10. I started working for other bloggers that I look up to. I want to point this out to everyone… you will learn when you work for other bloggers (I spend a lot of time studying). You may be paid in shares, in education, or with money, but you will learn and it will make your blog better. You are never too old/smart/experienced, etc… to learn.♥
11. I started doing much more on my Instagram page. I want to grow that following. It has grown over 1,000 this month (I think… I should be keeping better track than I am!)
Highlights this month:
My Motrin commercial with Kelly Ripa was released. This was so much fun & so exciting! Our son asks me every week “When do you think we can go back to New York and do another commercial with Miss. Kelly?” 😉
In October: Mickey and I went to Social Media on the Sand in Turks and Caicos.
We also went to Dollywood, for free (free hotel, trip and tickets to Dollywood and a museum) – I write about bartering for trips here.
In November: Mickey and I went to a Type A Mastermind group in Asheville for two days (just a two hour drive for us).
In November: I went to BlogHer Food in Chicago for the day on behalf of Bounty (I love working for companies that appreciate what you do!) I learned some great youtube ideas and had a chance to meet the people that I work with via e-mail (for Bounty) & hang out with some blogging friends.
My Goals for next month:
1- Make more videos & get over feeling egocentric & self-centered about it! 🙂
2- Turn ALL of my books into files that can be downloaded for people to listen to (audio books).
3- Make courses from my books.
Top High-Traffic Posts this month:
Our books that we suggest: