We’ve discussed why it is important to have a Facebook page for your blog, so today, I thought it would be helpful to share a few tips for improving your Facebook page!
- Know Your Purpose – Do you want your page to be inspiring? Funny? A way for your fans to get to know you in a more personal way? Every fan page has it’s own flavor and strengths, it is important to sit down and think about what you want your fans to expect when they come to your page. Are your followers looking for a friendship with you? Or maybe a place to read inspiring words and be encouraged for their day-to-day life. Defining your purpose, will help you know what types of things to post, and when!
- Be Visual – Share beautiful images with quotes that are in-line with the purpose of your page. You can create your own images in picmonkey, or share some that you’ve found elsewhere online. Remember to always give credit if you are using some one else’s photo and be careful that you are abiding legally able to share the images that you choose!
- Engage with your followers – Take the time to ask questions and get to know your readers more than you can through your blog. Start doing a QOTD (Question Of The Day) or something similar to hear their thoughts and ideas. Silly questions, fun questions or useful questions, it’s all fun and allows your readers to feel like they are a part of the action, instead of just silent observers of your blog.
- Share your posts – Don’t forget to share your posts with your readers on Facebook! Self-promotion isn’t bad, as long as that’s not all you do. It’s all about balance, but sharing your own posts on facebook is a great way to increase your views and start conversations about your topics outside of the comments section on your site.
- Share posts from other bloggers – When you find a great post on another blog, share it with your followers. They will enjoy finding other great bloggers to follow, and it can help you build connections with your fellow bloggers as well. Everybody loves for their content to be shared, so spread the love around when you find something wonderful!
- Pay attention – Watch closely and figure out the types of statuses, images or posts that your Facebook fans respond to the most, and start sharing similar things more often! Know your audience and engage with them in the way that they enjoy the most. If you are not sure where to start, ask them! Create a simple poll as a status and ask what they are looking for. Getting their input can only deepen your relationship with them, and help you know how to help your readers have a more positive experience on your page!
- Have fun! – Dont’ stress about running the perfect facebook page. FB won’t make or break you as a blogger, it’s a fun space to provide quality content to your readers, and to connect with them in a deeper way than you can via blog post! Keep it fun, functional and exciting!
What is your favorite thing to read on Facebook? What is your favorite thing to post?
Looking for more ways to GROW your Facebook page? Check out this post I shared on my personal blog with 10 ways to grow your facebook following!