We all know that it’s the trendy thing to have a Facebook page for your blog, but is it really necessary? Sure, you can have a good blog without one, but if you are ready to take your blog to the next level, a Facebook fan page is a great place to start! Wondering why? Here are the top 5 reasons your blog needs a Facebook page.
- Relationships – Social Media, especially Facebook, is your chance to really get to know your followers. You can ask them questions through status updates and chat with them in the comments of the page. I love getting to know my fans, and it’s always fun to share some honest ‘behind the scenes’ photos with them when I’m working on something. Building relationships is key in the blogging world, your followers will feel so much more connected with you, if they feel like they truly know you, instead of just knowing things about you or your blog.
- Two sided conversations – Blogging can become sort of like a one sided conversation at times, the blogger shares all of his/her thoughts on a topic, but few people comment or engage in conversation. Facebook creates a great way to open the conversation up to hear more comments and thoughts from your readers. It allows for two sided conversations instead of just monologues, and it’s great for building community with and among, your followers.
- Connections – Facebook is a great place to connect with other bloggers! You can meet them through their pages, share their posts, comment on each other’s statuses or even create a private Facebook blogging group to support and promote one another! The possibilities are endless when it comes to connecting with other bloggers via Facebook!
- Followers – Most bloggers follow other blogs via Bloglovin’ or a similar syndication site, but a lot of people that don’t blog themselves (and even some that do!) follow blogs exclusively through Facebook. This means you are missing an entire group of people by not promoting your blog posts through a Facebook page!
- Page views – Promoting your posts through Facebook can bring in a lot of new page views for your site, especially if your followers start sharing your posts! Facebook is always in the top 10 referrals to my personal blog, and usually within the top 5!
If you are ready to start engaging in social media, or just hoping to find a way to take your blog to the next level, a Facebook page for your blog is a great place to start! If you aren’t sure how to set one up, check out his handy tutorial to learn How to Create a Facebook Fan Page for Your Blog!
Already have a Facebook Fan Page, but wanting to know how you can make it better? Check out these 10 ways to grow your Facebook Page!
Do you have a Facebook page for your blog? Are you considering one now?