We share our blogging income reports here as inspiration for you. Many bloggers, like myself, when I started, thought making money on a blog was “dreaming big”. I just wanted to make enough to pay for preschool, but I have been able to make far more than that… and you can, too. I hope that you find this report helpful.
My income this month, as with every month, is calculated BEFORE expenses (expenses are several thousands of dollars!) This is also my PENDING income (what I am owed for work done in July).
Before I forget… you can join us on our private Facebook Group for this website here. We talk about tips, ideas, etc… with almost 6,000 bloggers
How many hours do I work a day?
I would say that some days I work four hours on YMF, but other days I don’t work at all. It really is a toss-up. I try to work from 8:00 pm- 1:00 am (while the kids are sleeping, taking 1-2 hours off to watch TV with Mickey).
This is our job – we blog to earn a living.
I try not to work on anything “important” during the day (sponsored posts or even regular posts) because the kids will probably be around and I don’t want to be distracted when they are talking to me.
PV: My Page views were lower this month (about a million less than they were a few months back), but you can see that my income went up, again. This to say that it doesn’t matter (too much) what your PVs are… it is what you are doing with your blog that really makes a difference – are you adding affiliate links into your posts? Are you making products? Are you using your social media to sell? You can do these things & increase your earnings.
Page views this month: 2 million
Monthly Earning RECAP:
First month- blogging- I made about $5 and a free pizza!
A few years later… I was earning enough that my husband was able to quit his job and we both work from home, growing our online business.
WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
- Tap Influence-
- Others (personal email offers, etc…)
Total % from Sponsored posts this month: 20%.Affiliates:
- Share a Sale
- Newest affiliate (ebates)
Total % from affiliates: 20%
- Speaking engagement-
- Moms affiliates- (referral)
Total misc. about 5%
- Collaborative ebook
- My e-books and paperback books
My books: POTTY TRAIN IN A WEEKEND and You can be a Stay at Home Mom on One Income and FREED from Clutter and a new printable of my Wall-Bed instructions.Total from my books & products: about 40%
- Adthive ads (my ad income went down a bit, even though page views were the same)
Total from ads: about 15%
- I had a few other things (ex: sales of specific products, sponsored social media posts, etc…)
What I want to do BETTER next month:
- My goal for months now has been to get ALL of my ebooks onto paperback via Createspace – STILL WORKING ON THIS! I want to do this. It is just time consuming.
- I am working on a project with a few bloggers where we will give 100% of the proceeds to charity – it is called THE MOM QUILT. We are getting ready to publish it!
- Working on an E-Course.
- Start making more YouTube Videos. Mickey made a few and figured out the editing, etc… so now we just need to do more. I am still working on this one.
We are going to do this… REALLY!
- Organize my Pinterest page more
- Turn BeckyMansfield.com into a real thing & not just a page that redirects to YMF (like it has been doing for 3 years now)
~~~ Exciting things on the rise~~~
- I will be speaking at another conference in September. I was also invited to three blogging conferences as a VIP member, which is exciting. I haven’t quite decided which ones we are going to go to just yet, but we are weighing each option (we don’t want to be gone from the kids very much).
- I have a VERY exciting commercial shoot with an amazing celebrity coming up, too, but more details on that as they unfold in the media!
- I am going to finally be turning my BeckyMansfield.com into a real page and not just one that redirects to YourModernFamily (as it has done for the past 3 years! haha!) Mickey and I want to start sharing our daily life happenings over there (along with videos, etc…)
Media Kit (I’m having it done- it is almost finished. yay!)
Affiliate payments (I paid out close to $250 this month)
Virtual Assistant (she helps with my Facebook shares)
Deposit Photos and Dollar Photo Club – where I am getting my images. We spend at least $60 a month on this, between YourModernFamily & YourModernDad. It is worth every penny!
Newsletter cost – it is several hundreds of dollars a month
Picmonkey, ejunkie, etc…
Equipment (desks, office supplies)
Programs for our computers.
A quick books course that Mickey took
Dinner/lunch blog meetings.
Project materials (ex: ingredients)
Young Living Oils
Rodan + Fields products
My finance goals:
- Pay off the mortgage. (we aren’t paying it off all at once because we are putting money into retirement, too)
- Build up retirement
- Build up the kid’s college savings account (four kids!)
- Give more money to charities (I have started dedicating certain books & projects to this)