I get this question a lot: Do I need to do updates on WordPress? My answer – YES! Today I wanted to quickly tell you how important it is to do the recommended updates on your blog. When I was on the phone with my host, because someone was trying repeatedly to hack into my page, he asked about my updates. They are important!
You need to do the recommended updates on your blog. If you ever have this little thing on your page… (that little circle next to a number), it means that you have an update to do. Here
Here are five reasons that you need to do these updates:
- NOT updating your blog can slow it down.
- It can throw things off, like your theme, causing your page to look funny or having things all over the place (all of my pictures went to the right when I didn’t update my theme)
- It can cause a bigger issue, like your page not loading
- Improve features on your page. Sometimes even a WordPress Update itself is needed and it will actually give you more (and better) features!
- Keep hackers out. When you don’t update your plugins, you are giving your hackers a little “hole” in your page… and they might find their way in.WPBeginner made an awesome infographic, dedicated to updating!
Things to remember during the update:
- Don’t navigate away from your page until you see the “all updates have completed”.
- You can update everything at once.
- It is really important to do your updates.
SO…. passing it along to you!! 🙂 Update your pages, friends!!