It can be exciting to look back over the past year and see how much has changed or how much you’ve grown. Many bloggers are taking some time to choose a “one word” focus for the coming year and/or sharing their goals for the upcoming 12 months. We thought it would be fun to do something similar, but with blogging goals instead!
Wednesday we’ll post a linky that will be open for two weeks. This will be a space where you can link up your own blogging goals to share with every one! It’s the perfect time to be able to talk out your hopes and dreams for your blog, with other people who understand it and may be pursuing similar goals!
You can formal your goals however you would like, sharing or not sharing where ever you see fit! We’d love to read any of your goals, however big or small! Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Social media stats (specific growth numbers) – it can be really encouraging to track these over a year, since day-to-day number watching can get tedious and discouraging!
- Changes you hope to make to your blog in the next year (design, content, images etc)
- Time – Do you want to spend more time blogging, or less?
- Boundaries – What boundaries will you put in place this year to ensure that Blogging stays on the side.
- Sponsored Content – More? Less? About the Same? How will you keep your focus where you want it to be, while still earning money (if earning is one of your goals!)
- Engagement – What will you do to help your readers feel like they are part of a community, how will you connect with them.
- Page views – Do you want to break any personal records this year?
Remember, it’s okay to talk about numbers, but it’s also okay to ignore them. Each of our blogs serves a unique purpose, to us and to our readers. Each person here might have very different goals, and that is not a bad thing. Instead of comparing and becoming jealous or discouraged, let’s take some time to encourage one another instead, as we all pursue our personal blogging goals!
We will host a blogging goals check-in, the last week of June and the last week in December of 2014. That way we can all rejoice together at the goals we reach, and offer one another support in the ones that we haven’t!
Be sure to stop back by on Wednesday to link up a post sharing your blogging goals! We can’t wait to read them, and to encourage you along the way!!!