Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links of companies that I use and recommend.
So, you are thinking “How can I increase Google Adsense earnings on my blog?”
Although it may not be typical, you can go from $2 to over $500 in just a few months if you continue to do these things.
We have seen our own blog’s earning increase dramatically through the steps that I am going to share with you today.
Follow these tips:
1- The only (legal) way to increase your earnings is to bring in more traffic. I know that there are ways to get only the high-paying ads, but I don’t recommend it because I don’t think that they follow Google’s rules.
You can increase your traffic this way:
- Pinterest – did you see our page on why Pinterest is your BFF? This is a great way to bring in traffic. (Here is our Pinterest Page where we will post tips like these and more!)
- Better Pictures- if you don’t have pin-worthy pictures, your page and post will be overlooked. I can promise you that. Every picture can use a bit of editing!
- Facebook- You need to be active on your blogging Facebook Page
2. If you are trying to make more money per click, make sure that your Ads are Targetable.
On Google Adsense, you need to make sure that you have Targetable Ads. (see how I added one from my custom channels)?
Watch your ads:
- – You will want to track your ads to see which ones make money.
- My best money-maker, by far, is the one that I have on the top of my blog. The widget area is “site-wide top” – it is at the top every post & page. You can see it here (it is the square above the posts. You can see my other ads, too). My other ones make a little bit, but no where close.
to this. PS- THE POTTY TRAIN PIC IS MY OWN BOOK & POST, SO IT IS NOT ANOTHER ADVERTISEMENT.
- 3- Keep it above the fold (this means that it has to be seen when you first click to your page. This is the first thing that you see (“above the fold”). Google doesn’t want them below your posts or in your footer or low in your sidebar. They want them to be seen right away.Google Adsense is one way to make money on your blog.
I also do several sponsored posts every month. (Here is how to write a sponsored post). Sponsored posts can bring in several hundreds to several thousands of dollars per month. I highly recommend signing up with Izea and Sverve. (Find a master list of where to find sponsored posts here) These have been my highest-reffering companies. I continue to get jobs from them every day or every few days. The price ranges from $5 to $800 per job and more! Just sign up for them and they will send you e-mails with new leads or campaigns.I hope that helped! Between the new companies and utilizing google adsense, you will be well on your way to making your blog a financial benefit to you and your family. UPDATE: Check the ad size- See the link that Sarah shares in the comments section- great advice!What tips do you have to share about how to increase google adsense earnings on your blog?