Writing guest posts can be a great way to build relationships with other bloggers and get your writing in front of new eyes! Guest posts, when done correctly, can be mutually beneficial for both the host, and the guest! Today, I’m sharing a few ways that can help you create 5-star guest posts!
- Stellar Content – It can be hard to give your best work away, but you definitely want to make sure that you offer awesome content to your host! This helps them be able to easily promote your post, and it makes people want to click over to your blog to see more of your great posts! It’s a win-win, so make sure you spend time making your guest posts high quality!
- Something Fresh – Guest posts should be new content, don’t try to re-use a post from your blog. There are many reasons why this is a bad idea (see #1) but a big one is that it can get you and your host blog in trouble with search engines, because it will be viewed as duplicate content. If you, or your host blog have too many of these types of posts, you could stop getting search engine traffic entirely.
- HTML – This little trick makes everything easier when emailing your post to your host blogger! Create your post as a draft on your own blog. Format it however you want, adding photos as back links. Then, when you have your post completed, push the ‘text’ button (in the top right of the edit page) and copy the HTML version of your post. Send the HTML to your host, and she will be able to enter it into her blog. This way all your images, formatting and links will come over to her blog without any issues. So much easier for every one!
- Back links – Create links in your post to some relevant posts that you have done on your site (when applicable) and make links to related posts on the site that you are guest posting on as well. This will show your host that you are engaged on their site and willing to go the extra mile to help them out!
- Promote it – Make a teaser post on your blog sending your readers to where you are guest posting. Share about it on all your social media sites! Own the post and try to send as much traffic to your host as you possibly can!